The 5th edition of the fashion week, which took place at Gurney Paragon Mall from 3rd to 5th May 2019, launched with a grand opening gala and had a large audience which included international celebrities, fashion designers, key opinion leaders in the fashion industry, social elites and members of the media.
Dancers from Euphoria Penang raised the curtain during the opening gala with their spectacular performance. It was then followed by a cameo from Christinna Kuan, the uprising fashion and beauty blogger. The 21-year-old presented her new cover song “Room” in front of approximately 300 invited guests.
The main focus of the Penang Fashion Week 2019 was the collaboration between Gurney Paragon Mall and the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase. Twelve reputable designers from ASEAN countries like Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippine, Brunei, Myanmar and China who have accelerated the fashion dialogue in their respective countries showcased their masterpieces during the second day of the
Penang Fashion Week. The 12 designers are:
• Hayden Ng (Singapore) – HAYDEN
• Sylvia Lim & Jennifer Neo (Singapore) – TRIOLOGIE
• Natacha Van (Cambodia) – NATACHA VAN COLLECTION
• Lenny Agustin (Indonesia) – LENNY AGUSTIN
• Bandid Lasavong (Laos) – MEN Folder
• Micheal Ooi (Malaysia) – MOFactory
• Pitnapat Yotinratanachai (Thailand) – PITNAPAT
• Ho Thu Dang Thao (Vietnam) – TSAFARI
• Pat Santos (Philippines) – PAT SANTOS COUTURE
• Fadzil Hadin (Brunei) – CHANTIQUE BRUNEI
• Zin Myat Myat Win (Myanmar) – ZIN
• Li Zhen (China) – The ZRSH
Emerging designers form an essential part of the fashion industry, and they need to be supported and encouraged through a platform like Penang Fashion Week.